More than 250 directors, governance experts, and speakers joined KPMG leaders at KPMG’s Board Leadership Conference in Huntington Beach, California, to hear current thinking and practical takeaways on the issues driving board and committee agendas in 2020.
Keynote speakers included presidential historians and Pulitzer Prize–winning authors Doris Kearns Goodwin and Jon Meacham, as well as former U.S. Secretary of Defense General James Mattis (Ret.).
Topics discussed included:
- the economic and geopolitical outlook
- climate risk
- the future of capitalism and corporate purpose
- the board-CEO relationship and board leadership
- artificial intelligence and fintech
- cybersecurity and data governance
- crisis prevention and culture
- board oversight of human capital
- tech and the future of work
- hot topics for board committees